The North Carolina Pest Management Association is dedicated to raising the standard on continuing education for pest management professionals, improving their ability to provide quality service for your home and property. We are also dedicated to the support and education of homeowners in need of pest control in North Carolina.
We make it easy to find reputable, quality pest management professionals to handle every pest situation - from household pests like ants, mice and cockroaches, to outdoor nuisances like squirrels and snakes, to wood-destroying insects like termites and powder post beetles.
If you suspect a pest problem in your home, you should consider hiring a professional pest management company or let our experts help diagnose the issue! Picking the right pest professional to treat your home can be a daunting task. It's often not as simple as flipping through the yellow pages and randomly picking a company to treat your home.
The North Carolina Pest Management Association understands your home is a place that deserves the best care available. NCPMA has developed the following guidelines to help you in your search. Once you’ve reviewed our suggested guidelines for selecting the right professional for your home and family, find pest professionals in your area who are members of NCPMA, here.
Find a Pest Professional Guidelines
- Get a referral from a friend or family member. Inquire about the type of pest problem encountered and how satisfied they were with the service.
- Look for NCPMA Membership. Membership in NCPMA is a good indicator that the company has access to modern technical information and training and is committed to continuing education and ethical standards set forth by NCPMA.
- Ask questions. Reach a complete understanding with the company before they start the work. Find out what the pest is, how the problem will be treated, how long the period of treatment will be and what results can be expected.
- Get a contract. Have the company be as specific as possible about what the pest is and how they will treat the problem. Be sure you know what is guaranteed and what is not.
- Search for the best. Pay for value, not price. What appears to be a real bargain may need a second look.
- Know the company’s history. Check with one or all of the following to see if complaints have been filed against the company.
- Your local Better Business Bureau
- NCPMA, 800.678.6722
- The Structural Pest Control Division of the Department of Agriculture, 919.733.6100.