NCPMA’s Top Tips for Preparing for Spring
By on Thursday, March 29, 2018
Thanks to the cold weather we’ve had recently, it’s hard to believe that Spring just started. But it’s here, and it’s time to start preparing your home and yard to keep pests at bay.
Spring Cleaning time is a great chance to make sure your home is pest-proof for the coming months.
Here are our top tips for preparing for the warmer weather of spring and summer.
- Look for Signs of Damage: Spring is a great time to look for signs of termite damage or infestation in and around your home. Look for mud tubes to signal an infestation and damage to any wood areas of your home. Call a professional pest management company to have an inspection for any potential infestations.
- Clear Wood Piles: Wood piles can host a number of insects and pests. Make sure that any wood piles around your home are away from the home to discourage infestations in the home itself and inspect it regularly for signs of pests.
- Repair Your Home: Make sure you take a close look at the outside of your home. Caulk any holes or cracks in your home and repair any window or door screens to help keep pests out of your home.
- Mosquito Treatments: To prevent mosquito infestations, eliminate any sources of standing water around your home including on the ground and in play equipment and clean birdbaths regularly. To help eliminate mosquitoes around your property, talk with a professional pest management company about mosquito treatment options.
- Clean the House: To prevent ants and other kitchen pests in your home, make sure kitchen counters are clear of uncovered food and store any food in airtight containers. And, be sure to wipe down counters regularly to eliminate spills.